Wednesday, October 8, 2014

DMC: "When My Children Were Young" by K. D. Veitenheimer




When my Children Were Young

The worn edges tell a far great-
er tale than the
one told
in
the book. Quiet
moments
when
they were being
read to
then.


© 2014 Kristi Dee Veitenheimer. All rights reserved.


J. Patrick Lewis has challenged us to write a zeno this month. What's a zeno, you ask? Click HERE for details.

To join in the fun, send yours to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All zenos will be included in the wrap-up celebration on October 31st, and one lucky participant will win a copy of Pat's gorgeous, new, "best of" collection:





4 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely remembrance, Kristi. Thanks for bringing back beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! This month's challenge is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Lovely capture of this sweet time. Now I do get to start over reading to grandchildren! I like the words you used for the rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having to wait on grandchildren for now!

      Delete