Thursday, October 16, 2014

DMC: "Uninvited" by Gayle C. Krause




Uninvited

The witches don their ritzy hats
with sequins, plumes,
and bows.
Gee!
They forgot to
beckon
me–
to their 'Fright Night'
Witches'
Tea.


© 2014 Gayle C. Krause. All rights reserved.


J. Patrick Lewis has challenged us to write a zeno this month. What's a zeno, you ask? Click HERE for details.

To join in the fun, send yours to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All zenos will be included in the wrap-up celebration on October 31st, and one lucky participant will win a copy of Pat's gorgeous, new, "best of" collection:





9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a grand affair-- especially love the colorful way you describe those hats, Gayle. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one--especially those details at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it! Great descriptive details-I can see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They forgot to beckon me, too. And those hats! They are a party in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this...I'm wondering if the Zeno has to be Halloween related? I'll go check the original post on it. :) I've written one, but it's not Halloweenie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they most definitely do not, Vivian. I've just been posting Halloween-ish zenos this week leading up to tomorrow, when I'll be hosting a Halloween-themed Poetry Friday roundup. I'll be back to sharing non-Halloween zenos next week.

      Delete
  6. Ha! Thanks, everyone. You know I played Irene Molloy in Hello Dolly when I was a teacher. Maybe I should go into the witch hat design business to keep all my author and poet friends decked out for Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever "Fright Night Witches Tea" It could become a tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little poem with wonderful details. Thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete