Thursday, October 23, 2014

DMC: "In silence, stillness emerges" by Carol Varsalona




In silence, stillness emerges.
Quietude flows.
Nature
Peaks.
Open your heart
Bold and 
Meek.
The Divine One
Listens–
Speaks.

© 2014 Carol Varsalona. All rights reserved.


J. Patrick Lewis has challenged us to write a zeno this month. What's a zeno, you ask? Click HERE for details.

To join in the fun, send yours to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All zenos will be included in the wrap-up celebration on October 31st, and one lucky participant will win a copy of Pat's gorgeous, new, "best of" collection:





10 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Carol, calming & slow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I am so grateful for an opportunity to extend my writing and find the words to lead me on this writer's journey. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I love the gentleness of this zeno, Carol. It has a quiet, soothing tone and I love that it makes me stop and listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, thank you for the opportunity to showcase my first attempt at a zeno. I am eager to try another one.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah, for your comment about my poem.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Carol. This is such a playful form. I was not expecting a meditative poem -- beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, I love your reflective zeno. I guess because our model was J. Patrick Lewis, my zenos were more playful. But I love how adaptable the form is to even a contemplative poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Carol. It is really does sound calm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a peaceful meditation. Thanks, Carol.

    ReplyDelete