Monday, October 20, 2014

DMC: "Illusion" by Linda Baie




Illusion

Exaggerated alibis
cannot excuse
being
late.
Don’t imagine
I can
wait–
no debate-fired.
bitter
fate.

© 2014 Linda Baie. All rights reserved.


J. Patrick Lewis has challenged us to write a zeno this month. What's a zeno, you ask? Click HERE for details.

To join in the fun, send yours to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All zenos will be included in the wrap-up celebration on October 31st, and one lucky participant will win a copy of Pat's gorgeous, new, "best of" collection:





8 comments:

  1. How about this for a jolt of reality on a Monday morning! Giving thanks for self-employment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Michelle. Sometimes I'm not sure where my topics come from, but this time, it's from a company I know about that fires on the spot after being late the 3rd time. Hard to imagine this since I work in a different environment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the line "Exaggerated alibis" , Linda! I've heard a few of those in my years as a teacher and from my kids. Yet another sensational zeno. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitter fate, indeed. Fun to see you join in the zeno-mania!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Bridget and Margaret. It was fun to try. And thanks again for the challenge, Michelle and to your guest challenger, J. Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you shared the inspiration for this, Linda. I couldn't imagine you ever being so harsh! (Love that you worked in an extra rhyme.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch--that is a harsh fate! :>) I'm sure you never hear exaggerated alibis from students!

    ReplyDelete