Wednesday, May 6, 2015

DMC: "Lemon" by Renée M. LaTulippe





LEMON

Lemon is a sunny yellow word.
It speaks of summer,
days sliced thin and swirled
with sugar nights.
I halve one,
squeeze
a stinging spray,
raise the rind to my lips
for a sour-pucker kiss,
my hands perfumed with happiness.

© 2015 Renée M. LaTulippe. All rights reserved.



Nikki Grimes has challenged us to try a wordplay exercise this month and create our own free verse poems. Click HERE for all the details.

Send your poem to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on Friday, May 29th, and one lucky participant will win a personalized copy of Nikki's brand new picture book:






17 comments:

  1. Lovely, Renée! You've got my head swirling with sweet dreams of summer's pucker. Thanks for joining in this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh lemonade--you've captured summer! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deliciously delightful! Thanks for the lemonade dreams, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burst of sicky sweetness this is! Perfect on this rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is delicious! And I just read your original post with Nikki, too. Wonderful interview! I can't wait to read this new book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, I'm thirsty and dreaming of summer on a blustery, rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ready for the tall glass of lemonade that is summer. My lips are puckering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "...days sliced thin and swirled / with sugar nights" - beautiful, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "days sliced thin and swirled" Love that line and love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your sunny-lemon poem, Renee :)

    Thanks for all of the fun challenges, and insightful posts, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for giving my little ditty a home, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete