Thursday, May 28, 2015

DMC: "Blanket" by Janie Lazo





BLANKET

Blanket is a cozy comfortable word.
I spread it on the ground and
share a picnic with my best friend.
We laugh, we share secrets, we dream, we become.
At night Mom tucks me in and pulls it up close around my shoulders.
She kisses me. I feel loved.
A patchwork of softness and memories,
I am warm and snug in it's embrace

© 2015 Janie Lazo. All rights reserved.


Nikki Grimes has challenged us to try a wordplay exercise this month and create our own free verse poems. Click HERE for all the details.

Send your poem to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration TOMORROW, May 29th, and one lucky participant will win a personalized copy of Nikki's brand new picture book:





4 comments:

  1. For me, Janie, your heartwarming poem was the perfect way to end a month of truly wonderful free verse. Thank you for reflecting just the way I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem makes me feel comfy cozy. Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete