Thursday, May 22, 2014

Limerick Alley: B. J. Lee




Love is for sale at Limerick Alley... 


          Not the kind you find in Joe Malone's pub– heavens, no!  


          This is the kind of love I'm talking about...  ready?


          Are you sure...?



Me 'n' My Teacups Poodles 'n' Partis, all photos in this post used by permission

      BAM!  Cute attack!

You can thank B. J. Lee for that. 

You see, B. J. loves words. 
She has over 60 poems published in anthologies and magazines, and many of you will recall that she was also a semifinalist in the March Madness children's poetry tournament not long ago.  B. J.'s poems from that tournament can be found on her website along with links to her blog, Blue Window, and several published works as well.

B. J. also loves toy poodles. 
She currently has two – Clementine, a 16 year old sweetie with a heart of gold, and Bijoux, a one year old looney tune and a collector of socks, clean or otherwise.  (At least B. J. knows who is responsible for the missing socks at her house!)  JoJo, another member of her furry family who recently passed, was a rescue who had a repertoire of circus tricks.

Chou-Chou

And then there was Chou-Chou.  Chou-Chou was a teacup poodle that B. J. had for many years.  According to B. J., "Chou-Chou, despite her small size, had a truly Machiavellian mind and was always trying to outwit us."  Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that she had a piece of carrot lodged up her nose for nine years, but then again, these facts may be entirely unrelated.






Sometimes B. J. even loves toying with words about toy poodles.
Oh happy day!  This is one of those special times!


          The Teacup Poodle

          Our poodle, a Teacup, a wee pup,
          likes climbing inside of a teacup.
                When drinking our tea
                we check first to see
          so we don't drink our Teacup right up. 

              © 2011 B. J. Lee.  All rights reserved.


http://www.allthatandjazzpoodleparti.com/index.html
http://www.allthatandjazzpoodleparti.com/index.html

 
Thank you, B. J., for sharing the love today!
 I bow down to your limerick greatness.

http://www.allthatandjazzpoodleparti.com/index.html

I'd like to give a shout-out to Marie who allowed me to use these precious photographs.  If you like what you see, have a look at her website, Me 'n' My Teacups Poodles 'n' Partis, where there are oodles more!

Now before I send you on your merry way, I must remind you that Laura Purdie Salas has challenged us to come up with a water-themed cinquain this month, and this is the final week to send me yours!  Come to think of it, I don't think anyone's written one yet about a poodle and a pool noodle... I won't even charge you for the idea! ;)

Click here to take a look at the daily ditties I've featured so far this month.  And don't forget, one lucky participant will win a copy of Laura's latest book, WATER CAN BE... in a random giveaway!  Next Friday will be the end-of-month DMC wrap-up where you will get to see them all–  I do hope yours will be among them.

Our Poetry Friday host today is Violet Nesdoly (whose cinquain, by the way, is featured here).  Why don't you go see what other delights she has on tap in the Poetry Friday roundup?



23 comments:

  1. B.J. is so clever with that "teacup, a wee pup" isn't she? Darling dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the cuteness! Love B.J.'s teacup poem, how could I not??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one little guy confessing his love reminds me a bit of Cornelius somehow. :)

      Delete
  3. The cleverness abounds in this post! There's no telling where B.J. will pop up next. Thanks for the eye candy--those teacup poodle photos are so cute--and the word treats. Very fun,

    Violet N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those photos wonderful? I was so lucky to have found Marie's website!

      Delete
  4. You clever, clever woman, Michelle! You did a wonderful job of putting together all my toy poodle lore! I love seeing my limerick and pic of Chou-Chou up here on Limerick Alley! It truly tugs at my heartstrings! Chou-Chou was beloved despite her Machiavellian plots! In addition to this limerick, she was also the inspiration for “The Ballad of the Naughty Poodle” http://bluewindow.weebly.com/1/post/2013/08/the-ballad.html. Thanks again, my friend. You did a wonderful job crafting this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that wonderful, rollicking ballad! Such antics! For a tiny little bundle, Chou-Chou was certainly larger than life.

      I'm so glad you like the post, B.J. It's helps to be inspired by such a playful limerick! The honor is mine. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, with the adorable photos and the limerick, this place is smile central. I just want to say, "Our poodle, a Teacup, a wee pup," again and again! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. BJ and Michelle, are there enough GAH!s in the world to fully express the GAH!ness of this post. I think not. Delightful poem, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAH! I'm not sure there are, Renée. B.J. sure can write 'em, can't she?

      Delete
  7. That is toooo cute. What an adorable limerick! Thank you for including my babies as part of your adorable limerick.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for lending Mr. Sandman, Peek-A-Boo, and Jazz to us so that we could fall in love.

      Delete
  8. Hi Michelle,
    I love poodles. I'll send you a cinquain by email.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just about too much cute for me...but not quite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Mary Lee-- such cuteness can be hazardous to your health.

      Delete