Thursday, February 27, 2020

DMC: "Surf's Up!" by Dianne Moritz




SURF'S UP!

It’s a foam-splashing, wave-crashing, sea-thrashing day.
It’s a cold-battling, board-straddling, arm-paddling day.
So grab your wet-suit and be on your way.
Hurl in the curl cuz the surf’s up today!

© 2020 by Dianne Moritz. All rights reserved.



Buffy Silverman has challenged us to write a poem that uses combined or invented words. Click HERE for more details and to read this month's Spotlight ON interview.

Post your poem on our February 2020 padlet. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on Friday, February 28th, and one lucky participant will win a personalized copy of her nonfiction poetry picture book from Millbrook Press:






6 comments:

  1. I love the exuberance of this little ditty, Dianne. So. Much. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a great poem, Dianne. I love your first two lines and the -ashing words, then your -ling words. And as a beach lover it sings to me! You make me want to try again. Wonderful.
    Janet Clare F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm shivering while reading this! Love the details--foam-splashing, wave-crashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, Dianne! I especially like "sea-thrashing." Your poem is full of forceful movement :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun poem! I like your internal rhyme in the last line.

    ReplyDelete