Tuesday, February 18, 2020

DMC: "In a White Kingdom" by Cindy Breedlove




IN A WHITE KINGDOM

A tree-sparkling palace
was built overnight.
So armed with my camera
I took in the sight.
Booted and bundled,
snow-crunching my way,
I captured the beauty
God sent me that day.

© 2020 by Cindy Breedlove. All rights reserved.



Cindy Breedlove


Buffy Silverman has challenged us to write a poem that uses combined or invented words. Click HERE for more details and to read this month's Spotlight ON interview.

Post your poem on our February 2020 padlet. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on Friday, February 28th, and one lucky participant will win a personalized copy of her nonfiction poetry picture book from Millbrook Press:






3 comments:

  1. So lovely, Cindy— makes me ooh and ahh! I especially love "Booted and bundled,snow-crunching my way."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that booted and bundled line is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It was pretty out that morning- and pretty cold, too!

    ReplyDelete