Tuesday, March 6, 2018

DMC: "The Victim Bully" by Angelique Pacheco




THE VICTIM BULLY
          ~with a line from "Black Box, by Devon Hope"

I target them and find my mark
It’s always been me versus them
The one who teased me is called geek
The one who blamed me is called wimp
The time has come for me to be called Bully.


© 2018 Angelique Pacheco. All rights reserved.

"Black Box, by Devon Hope" © 2002 Nikki Grimes, from BRONX MASQUERADE


Click HERE to read this month's interview with Nikki Grimes. She has challenged us to write a golden shovel poem using a line from one of the poems in the post.

Leave your golden shovel on our March 2018 padlet. While some contributions will be featured as daily ditties this month, all contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on Friday, March 30th, and one lucky participant will win a copy of her new companion novel to Bronx Masquerade:



4 comments:

  1. Hard to think how true this is. Sad to think that it's "me versus them"! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really packs a punch. (no pun intended) Well done!

    ReplyDelete