Thursday, March 15, 2018

DMC: "One Life to Live" by Cindy Breedlove




ONE LIFE TO LIVE
          ~with a line from "Truth, by Tyrone Bittings"

Hey, turn your life on
and live now, this moment, this instant.
There will be no replay.


© 2018 Cindy Breedlove. All rights reserved.

"Truth, by Tyrone Bittings" © 2018 Nikki Grimes, from BETWEEN THE LINES.


Click HERE to read this month's interview with Nikki Grimes. She has challenged us to write a golden shovel poem using a line from one of the poems in the post.

Leave your golden shovel on our March 2018 padlet. While some contributions will be featured as daily ditties this month, all contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on Friday, March 30th, and one lucky participant will win a copy of her new companion novel to Bronx Masquerade:




9 comments:

  1. What a great reminder to turn on and tune in, Cindy! This one is going up on the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ma'am! Will do!

    Love the short and sweet command!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to take your fine advice, Cindy! Wonderfully done! And, printing out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific golden shovel, and terrific advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all. I chose a short line, since this was a new poem type for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great line that simply cuts to the chase. I love it....as well as the entire challenge. I've still got some words in me for another golden shovel. I love this form so much. Now, I'll have to try for short & strong like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a poem to read every morning - to start the day off right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Cindy, your poem is really powerful. Your sharp, sparse lines struck right into my soul. Wow.

    ReplyDelete