Monday, July 28, 2014

DMC: Haiku Parody by Diane Mayr



In the style of Basho...



the old Pond's
a finger dips in,
smear of mascara

 © 2014 Diane Mayr.  All rights reserved.



Tamera Will Wissinger has challenged us to come up with a parody or tribute poem this month.  (Click HERE for details.) There are only four more days to join in the fun! Send your poem no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 31st to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. 


All participants will be entered to win a copy of Tamera's 
delightful new picture book, THIS OLD BAND.




5 comments:

  1. Such a clever poet you are, Diane! It's not often we get to experience haiku humor-- you find so much potential in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Diane's haiku borrows the pond we see in so many classic poems and brings it into the modern with Ponds. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny, Diane. I must admit it took me a minute-kept thinking about the real pond, then, I got it. Clever playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my parody today! I am honored. I was also a little concerned that your younger readers might not get the Pond's reference!

    ReplyDelete