Monday, June 10, 2019

Monday Musing: Singing Out



"Joy" by Martin Talbot


Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'Cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are
 
– Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens


Ever since I heard Karen Boss's ditty challenge to write a poem to a kid or kids about something that you think is important for them to know, I can't get this song out of my head! Two videos for your amusement—I couldn't choose because I love them both!

The classic:



Or this one, with scenes from Harold and Maude:



Did you know Yusuf/Cat Stevens is back in the business of making music? Visit his website or follow him on Facebook.


Read last Friday's interview with Karen Boss HERE and leave your advice poem on our June 2019 padlet.




6 comments:

  1. What great inspiration! Thanks for musing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great example. Thanks for that. I will put my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this song! Just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good memories! I love Cat Stevens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this made me happy, Michelle. I play Cat Stevens all the time and I may need to watch Harold and Maude again. What a loving post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love that Harold and Maud video, it's the bee's knee's and the cat's meow! xo

    ReplyDelete