Tuesday, October 16, 2018

DMC: "Two Pumpkins" by Dianne Moritz





TWO PUMPKINS

I’m a pumpkin round and fat,
sitting on the front doormat.

I’m a pumpkin tall and thin,
handsome with my longer chin.

Fat’s far better, don’t you think?
With huge eyes that wink and blink??!!

Some might say that thin is in,
but…
We’re both PERFECT when we grin!


© 2018 Dianne Moritz. All rights reserved.


Calef Brown has challenged us to write a poem that tells the story of two anthropomorphized objects. They can be an odd couple, close friends, mortal enemies, or meet each other for the first time. The poem can be about an adventure they have together, a conflict, a game they play, anything. Click HERE for more details and to read this month's Spotlight ON interview.

Post your poem on our October 2018 padlet by October 31st. While some contributions will be featured as daily ditties, all contributions will be included in a wrap-up presentation on Friday, November 2nd, and one lucky participant will win a signed copy of Calef Brown's latest collection of ghoulish poetry from Carolrhoda Books:






10 comments:

  1. A perfect message for pumpkins and humans, alike. Thanks for this fun poem to celebrate the season, Dianne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful message especially in todays world lovely for this time of year also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane said exactly what I was going to say--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely made me grin! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aDORable. And, putting me more in the mood of how to approach this challenge. I've been stumped so far! Great for grins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Two' cute, Dianne!
    Still grinning,

    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids are gonna love this (as do I!!)

    ReplyDelete