Thursday, March 24, 2016

DMC: "Somewhere Between Night and Day" by Alayne Kay Christian




SOMEWHERE BETWEEN NIGHT AND DAY

As the morning light steals the night
A new day is on the horizon
I am drawn to the eastern sky

In complete silence
The bright morning star calls to me
I am one with the Universe
Of this I am never more certain than
Somewhere between night and day


© 2016 Alayne Kay Christian. All rights reserved.


Amy Ludwig VanDerwater has challenged us to write poems about small things— animals or objects you see everyday and don't give much thought. Click HERE for more details.

Send your poem to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration TOMORROW, Friday, March 25th, and one lucky participant will win a personalized copy of her delightful nonfiction picture book:




7 comments:

  1. "Somewhere between night and day" captures the uncertainty of life so beautifully, Alayne. Thanks for sharing your bright light with us today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Alayne! So nice seeing this poem attached to your name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm honored that my poem was chosen to close out a month of small beauties. Thank you Michelle, not only for sharing my work, but for being so encouraging and supportive as I make my way through writing in verse. And thanks to Amy Ludwig VanDerwater for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Of this I am never more certain". That small moment is precious, as I can see from your lovely poem, Alayne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a gorgeous poem -- lovely images throughout. Thanks for this one!

    ReplyDelete