Tuesday, April 7, 2020

DMC: "I Have so I Give" by Angelique Pacheco




I HAVE SO I GIVE

Two eyes to see the needs of others,
Brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers.
One heart to feel their pain and despair,
One heart to give them love and care.
Two hands to give to those in need,
To be a blessing is love indeed.


© 2020 Angelique Pacheco. All rights reserved.




Our first of three challenges from My Shouting, Shattered, Whispering Voice: A Guide to Writing Poetry & Speaking Your Truth by Patrice Vecchione (Seven Stories Press, 2020) is to write a poem about the place empathy has your life. Click HERE for more details.

Post your poem on our April 2020 padlet. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on Friday, April 24th, and one lucky participant will win a copy of My Shouting, Shattered, Whispering Voice, courtesy of the publisher.

Register HERE for Patrice's virtual book launch today, April 7th, at 6:00pm Pacific Time!



I am visiting Laura Shovan's blog today with a wordplay prompt for her #WaterPoemProject—30 days of writing prompts about water, suitable for students (and adults) who enjoy writing poetry. If my prompt looks familiar to some of you, it's because it was adapted from Nikki Grimes's 2015 DMC challenge. I hope you'll to join in!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blessing of this poem, Angelique. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem does my lonely, sheltering heart good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing, Angelique.

    ReplyDelete