Thursday, May 31, 2018

DMC: "window seat" by M. H. Barnes





window seat
the mystery unfolds—
origami moon

© 2018 Michelle Heidenrich Barnes. All rights reserved.


Click HERE to read this month's interview with Julie Fogliano. She has challenged us to stare out the window and write a poem about what we see. You might even consider writing something down every day for a week: 
At the end of the week, read through what you wrote and write your favorite bits on a separate piece of paper. I bet there will be a poem in there somewhere… see if you can find it.  – J. F.
You have until today at 5:00 pm (EST) to join in! Post your poem on our May 2018 padlet and I will add it to the wrap-up presentation HERE. One lucky participant will win a personalized copy of Julie's stunning new picture book from Roaring Brook Press:






11 comments:

  1. Saying goodbye to window views with a moon view is lovely, Michelle. Love that "origami" moon, a new way to imagine it! What a wonderful challenge Julie gave everyone this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Aside from the fun of writing the poems, this month's challenge reminded me to take a little time and just look. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the phases of the moon. What a creative view from your window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the act of aitting and watching helped me gind calm moments in a crazy month. Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need no encouragement to look out the window. :) Just this morning I was admiring the moon through the dark trees. Now I'll imagine it in a different way, thanks to your clever poem, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to go outside to see the moon, but when visiting my parents this week I could see it from the window. Love the use of words unfold and origami.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Seven lovely words. Nice job, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a picture your words create to think of a moon as folds of paper and one the you just wrote your pome and in it unfolds as we read in lighting up the world lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. How enchanting, can I climb inside your "window seat" and sail off to that "origami moon."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments, everyone! So happy to unfold poems with all of you last month. :)

    ReplyDelete