Wednesday, April 27, 2016

DMC: "Declaration" by Diane Mayr







© 2016 Diane Mayr.  All rights reserved.

According to Diane, "Echo Bridge, in Newton Upper Falls, MA, has had reports of up to 15 echoes!" That's a lot of I love yous.


In celebration of National Poetry Month, Marilyn Singer has challenged us to write poems inspired by the word "echo." Click HERE for more details.

Send your poem to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration this Friday, April 29th, and one lucky participant will win a copy of her fantastic new collection of reverso poems based on Greek myths:




8 comments:

  1. Awww. I guess if what you say is going to echo (up to 15 times!), you'd better choose your words pretty carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...Thanks...Thanks....Thanks....Thanks.....Michelle, for posting my poem today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you... you... you... Diane! There have been a number of heartbreaking ditties in the last several days— you've lifted us up when we needed it most. And, on a personal note, thanks for bringing me back to the Charles. Your presentation, as always, is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a beautiful love poem makes me smile today, Diane. I was in an echo canyon once with students and it was astounding how many echoes we heard. You've made me want to visit that Echo Bridge. Lovely all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this and the idea of all the echoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great one, Diane. Love the echoes. It echoed as I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so sweet. This really put a smile on my face. Thanks for the day brightener.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Diane, I can walk to that gorge from my house! And I have done. What a great job you've done immortalizing it.

    ReplyDelete