Tuesday, March 10, 2015

DMC: "Yellow jacket warn" by NoNieqa Ramos





Yellow jacket warn.
Prickly pear bloom fruity barb.
Will me still.
Bird sing behind red wing.
I am listening. 

© 2015 NoNieqa Ramos. All rights reserved.



Margarita Engle has challenged us to write a tanka this month. She suggests we think of it as a five-line travel diary about a subject of our choice. Click HERE for more details.

Send your tanka to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on March 27th. One lucky participant will win an autographed copy of Margarita's delightful new picture book:





8 comments:

  1. This is lovely, NoNi. And that last line... so, so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the rich sounds here, and especially the last two lines--bird-nerd, here :)

    Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a missed opportunity! Thank you so much. Wish I had seen these way back when.

      Delete
  3. Love it. I am envious of your tanka. It's wonderful. Mine is not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A super belated Rhank you. So distracted working on my novel didn't notice the comments! Look forward to your work!

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of 'yellow jacket warn'. You've put much into these brief lines.

    ReplyDelete