Monday, November 17, 2014

DMC: "monster's a poet" by Penny Parker Klostermann




monster’s a poet
recording his thoughts nightly
in the damp dungeon

monster catches cold
hai-hai-hai-ku! seventeen
syllables scatter.

© 2014 Penny Parker Klostermann. All rights reserved.


Bob Raczka has challenged us to write a monster-inspired haiku this month.  Click HERE for details.

To add your haiku to the monster mayhem, send it to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All submissions will be included in the wrap-up celebration on November 28th, and one lucky participant will win a personalized copy of Bob's delightful new haiku collection:






12 comments:

  1. I love Penny's poetry monster!! Poor guy, with his syllables all over the place. My Poetry Monster would love to spring him from the damp dungeon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first read this, Tabatha, I immediately thought of your Poetry Monster!

      Delete
  2. Very clever to imagine, Penny, especially here as winter arrives & sneezes are all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these lines, Penny: "hai-hai-hai-ku! seventeen/syllables scatter." I am quite sure I will never forget them! So happy you joined in this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree--"hai-hai-hai-ku! seventeen/syllables scatter" is monsterku brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun, Penny, and "Gesundheit" to the dear monster poet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun poems. Thanks for sharing them, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, you never cease to amaze. LOVE those scattered syllables. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can really see this in my mind! Loving the scattered syllables!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the nice comments, folks :-) And thanks, Michelle, featuring my monster haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scattering syllables - such a fun image! (Clap clap...)

    ReplyDelete