Wednesday, June 17, 2015

DMC: "The Tiny Wish" by Linda Baie





The Tiny Wish

It would be nice, yet need advice
to fabricate a treehouse.
My mother says I am not fit
‘cause I’m a tiny house mouse.

The leafy green would be my scene
inside a little tree.
Please why can’t I be living there?
With Mom, I disagree.

I would create a minimum
of fuss in my construction,
only desire a tool or two
plus labor for production.

I found a perfect cheese box
that smells of camembert,
to formulate this upstairs home -
favored fragrance in the air.

I’m looking for a willow tree 
Constructing there is best.
The tree will offer privacy.
I’ll love my little nest.

I will appreciate the help
to lessen Mom’s concern.
Send notes to Hattie Housemouse
via Postman Michael Tern.


© 2015 Linda Baie. All rights reserved.


Corey Rosen Schwartz has challenged us to write a stanza or two about building a treehouse, using unpredictable rhymes of more than one syllable. Click HERE for all the details.

Send your stanzas to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on Friday, June 26th, and one lucky participant will win a personalized copy of Corey's delightful new picture book:




7 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the camembert detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love little miss Hattie, Linda– I sure hope she gets her perfect little cheesebox treehouse! The last two lines of your poem are especially sweet and magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camembert? Clever and unusual rhyme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone & again to you, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful poem Linda! I especially liked your "Postman Michael Tern!"

    ReplyDelete