Monday, June 9, 2014

DMC: "Sky Calling" by M. H. Barnes



Sylvia Vardell and Janet Wong have challenged us to come up with a Poem Movie or a Poem Picture this month.  (Click here for details.)

Having never explored video technology before, a 14 year old techno whiz (who also happens to be my son) gave me a crash course in the basics of iMovie.  I'm presenting my video early on with the hope that you'll also be inspired to give movie-making a try! 

The poem featured in my movie is one that I originally posted on my blog last August.  Hope you enjoy its reincarnation.



If you would like to be in the running for a copy of THE POETRY FRIDAY ANTHOLOGY FOR SCIENCE, please send your video or picture file to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com.  Alternatively, feel free to host it on your own blog, on You Tube, or elsewhere online and just send me the link.  I look forward to sharing your work with others!




11 comments:

  1. You did a great job, Michelle. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! How lucky you are to have a whiz kid who was willing to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved that!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Isn't it fun to see your poem come alive in this way? Brava to you for tackling something new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! This wasn't really your first video, was it? I absolutely love the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. Yes, Liz, it was my first video... and now I've watched it enough times to be annoyed that I didn't do certain things differently--mostly having to do with the way I read the poem. But all in all, I'm quite pleased with my first effort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the image and the soaring bird and your voice, almost haunting and echoing. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. The echo effect more or less happened automatically when I imported from GarageBand, but I was happy with how well it suited the poem's tone!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful video, Michelle! And your voice is so haunting in it. (It's a jolt to hear your voice after knowing you through the internets--so different than I imagined. Kind of like the dissonance I've gotten seeing photos of the peeps I "know" on NPR.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that funny how that works? But now I want to know how you expected my voice to be! (And I want to hear yours too!)

      Delete
  9. I watched them all, Michelle! What a great challenge. I like what Sylvia Vardell says about watching one's poem come alive. It sure does add a wonderful dimension.

    Violet N.

    ReplyDelete