Wednesday, August 27, 2014

DMC: "Cockadoo-ROAR" by Violet Nesdoly




"I can do it for sure, 
I have done it before,"
said monarch of beasts, the King Lion.
But his Cockadoo-ROAR 

made the farmer snore more.
Trending: "Thank you Lord #Lyin' for tryin'."


– Violet Nesdoly, all rights reserved.



So many noble attempts to wake Farmer McPeeper this month, and still he snores!  Only five more days to join in the animal antics.  Write a stanza in the same style as COCK-A-DOODLE OOPS! (click HERE for details) and send to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right.

All participants will be included in an end-of-month hoedown and wrap-up this Friday, August 29th, and entered to win a personalized copy of Lori Degman's delightful new picture book:




5 comments:

  1. Love that you sneaked in a little twitter idea, Violet. And 'made the farmer snore more'-terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so maybe the cockadoo-ROAR didn't work, but I've still got hope for the social media uproar that may ensue. So clever, Violet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Michelle and Linda! It was a fun challenge. I loved Lori's idea for sneaking in puns, so that was my inspiration for the last lion--oops, I mean, line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun poem, Violet. I love how the king of the jungle is totally ineffectual on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, Violet! I love the "monarch of beasts" and the # !

    ReplyDelete