Tuesday, August 26, 2014

DMC: "Cock-a-doodle-A-ROO" by Katie Gast




Then elephant shouted,
"I'm not to be doubted.
I can wake up that farmer, I swear."
Though his "Cock-a-doodle-A-ROO!"
woke up all Timbuktu,
Farmer slept through the elephant’s blare.


– Katie Gast, all rights reserved.


Lori Degman has challenged us to wake Farmer McPeeper.  If you would like to join in the animal antics, write a stanza in the same style as COCK-A-DOODLE OOPS! (click HERE for details) and send to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right.

All participants will be rounded up for an end-of-month hoedown on August 29th and entered to win a personalized copy of Lori's delightful new picture book:



4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm wondering if maybe someone should go and check if Farmer McPeeper still has a pulse... how can he possibly sleep through something like that?!! Love this fun and whimsical take on this month's challenge, Katie. Thanks so much for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking my submission. I enjoyed reading the other stanzas and writing my own. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elephant's "a-rooo!" A baby elephant was just born at our local zoo. I could imagine this little one trying to trumpet her wee little trunk with little effect. Great ditty, Katie, and great challenge, Michelle! = )

    ReplyDelete